Yesterday OSTicket 1.7 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) became available. OSTicket is a popular [free] open source trouble ticketing system built on MySQL/PHP.
Here is a list of new features and such since 1.6 ST:
- Upgrade support for osTicket 1.6-rc1 and later
- Multi-file upload support — more than one file (configurable) can be
uploaded with new messages, replies, and internal notes via the web
- Department/Group access feature allowing members of a group access to a
department. Staff members are members of a (primary) group, and that
group can be granted access to one or more departments, granting the
associated staff access to departments other than their primary
- Email filters can specify a canned auto-response
- Support inline attachments for fetched email
- Dashboard reports for ticket system activity and statistics
- PDF print / export for tickets (staff pages only)
- Advanced search on tickets page
- Ticket thread — revised ticket message storage model for greater
- New database upgrade system allowing for continuous updates to the
database model. This will greatly simplify the process of making
modifications to the osTicket database.
- Autocomplete for ticket search box (emails and ticket numbers typeahead)
- Redesigned staff login page
- Warning when leaving unsaved changes in admin and staff settings pages
- Auto change admin settings pages when selecting a new page from the
- Create a ticket in one click from the staff panel
- Preview ticket from the search results
- Export tickets to CSV file
- New Email Filters – allow for matching incoming email in the subject line and message body. For matching emails, the administrator has the ability to automatically route
tickets a number of ways. (To a specific department, staff member, and/or team; Automatically assign ticket priority and/or service-level-agreement; Disable ticket auto-responses; Send automatic canned responses)
- Canned Attachments – Attach files to your canned responses. These attachments are automatically attached to the ticket thread along with the canned response. The attachments are not duplicated in the database and therefore use virtually no space.
- Service Level Agreements – Service level agreements allow for a configurable grace period based on the department or help topic associated with the ticket. A default SLA is
provided, and a due date can be set to override the grace period of the SLA for a ticket.
- Client-side Knowledgebase – Manage a searchable help document portal for your users
- Dashboard Reports – Flashy reports of ticket system activiy as well as exportable ticket system statistics, allowing for easy report generation from office spreadsheet applications.
- Ticket Export – Convert the ticket thread to a printed format for long term storage.
- New API – Interface with osTicket via HTTP requests. Starting with version 1.7,
tickets are createable by submitting an HTTP POST request to either /api/tickets.xml or /api/tickets.json
You can get the latest RC version over at Github. As a reminder this version is for developers and enthusiasts only and should never be used for a production environment.
source: OSTicket.com Forums