Back on July 25th I posted an article about an Android app called Locket (Beta) which puts ads on your devices lock screen and pays you for unlocking your device. Since installing the application my balance is $15. Today they released the new version of Locket version 1.1, and some big changes came down. For starters the 3 paid swipes per hour limitaion has been lifted, however [and this is a big one] you will now only get paid $0.01 each time you see a new add per day. Right now there really isn’t a lot of ads and since they appear to be random it really reduces your immediate daily income. They have however promised that the number of ads will be increasing making it possible of earning a lot more than the average user made during the first part of the beta. They have also changed the minimum payout to be $20 and ended the $1.00 friend referral program as of today. Lastly they added a new “Earn More” menu option which currently has “Aarki Offer Wall” which has a number of things that you can do to earn a little more which mostly consisting of installing apps, etc.
While I am hoping that they do something to increase teh number of ads sooner rather than later I am going to keep this app installed for now because something is better than nothing.
As promised last week, yesterday afternoon osTicket 1.7.1-RC1 was released. This is a release candidate for developer and enthusiasts to try out before 1.7.1ST is released. This release is not recommended for production enviornments! I’ve been informed that since this is a incremental update that the release cycle will be short as they continue to push towards the 1.8 release.
There are a slew of bug fixes as well as new features and expanding of current features:
- Custom logos and site pages (#604, #632, #616)
- Password reset link (#638)
- Export and import feature. Useful for migrations and backups. (#626)
- Use your email address as your username for logins (#631)
- SLA’s can be marked transient. Tickets with a transient SLA will change to the SLA of the new department or help-topic when transferred or edited.
- Support installation on MySQL and MariaDB clusters. Use default storage engine and don’t assume predictable auto-increment values (#568, #621)
- mysqli support for PHP5+
- SSL support for database connections
- Namespaced configuration. This greatly simplifies the process of adding new configurable item (#564)
- Add signals API. A simple event hooking mechanism to allow for extensibility (#577)
- Add deployment command-line script (#586)
- Allow XHTML editing in the nicEditor (#615)
- Allow parallel database migration streams (#563) — paves the way for extensions
- Use row-based email templates (#604) — simplifies the process of adding new email message templates (think extensions)
- Support fetching from email boxes with aliased email addresses (#663)
- Introduce new crypto library that provides failsafe encryption for email passwords (#651)
- Several typos in code and messages (#617, #618, #644, #660)
- Fix several upgrader bugs (#548, #619)
- Fix install fail on some Windows platforms (#570)
- Fix several issues in the command-line management (#580)
- Make room for command-line installation of osTicket (#581)
- regression Fix corrupted attachment downloads (#579, #583)
- Fix truncated attachment downloads when zlib.output_compression is enabled (#596)
- Disable cron activities when upgrade is pending (#594)
- Provide failsafe encoding for improperly-formatted emails (#601)
- Fix corrupted email attachments processed via pipe.php (#607)
- Fix discarding of poorly encoded base64 emails (#624)
- Support MariaDB 10.0+ (#630)
- Properly trim ticket email and name fields (#600)
- Fix truncated text from text/plain emails and web interface posts (#652)
- Add Assigned To and other fields to ticket view export (#646)
- regression Fix attachment migration (#648)
- Display correct staff notes (#588)
- Display correct auto-response email for departments (#575)
- Fix login form (“Authentication Required”) loop (#653)
- Ensure email message-id is fetched correctly (#664)
- Ensure X-Forwarded-For header does not have leading or trailing whitespace (#665)
- Only fetch configuration for multifile upload if necessary (#637)
- Don’t use sessions on the API (#623)
- regression Avoid an extra query per request to fetch schema signature (#658)
As usual if you find any bugs please report them at Github, and if yuo have questions, feedback, comments, mods, etc please post them in the 1.7 section of the forums. Thank you.
It was announced at the osTicket github that osTicket 1.7.1 was going to be released next week. Dev Jared said:
We're going to release osTicket 1.7.1 within a week
Maybe you have heard by now, but my wife is the greatest! Would you like to know more?
Of course you would! She’s a pretty big deal in that she has help raise thousands of dollars for the Norris Cotton Cancer Center by throwing the Realms Aid event series over the years and every few years she cuts her hair and donates it. She’s been playing Roller Derby with New Hampshire Roller Derby (NHRD) for several years now, and her and several other members of her league are participating in a St Baldticks fund raiser on August 24th in Manchester NH at 4pm at:
303 Beech Street
Manchester , NH US
Not only can you come and see some very brave ladies of the Derby shave their heads but you can also watch two roller derby bouts afterward! One of which is the home team Championship! Come see who wins the Kennedy Cup this year and imemdiately followed by NHRD’s very own Queen City Cherry Bombs vs the CT Rollergirls “Yankee Brutals”!
You can donate to Irate Pirate’s cause at:
Bethany Tozier | St Baldrick’s Donation page