web based technical stuffs (php, css, web sites, html, etc.)
The folks over at osticket.com have released a new version of the 1.9 series, specifically the stable 1.9.5. You can get this version via github or at http://osticket.com/download. It features a slew of enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates. Here is a list of them:
So your running osTicket version 220.127.116.11 and you want to upgrade it to current which as of this writing is 1.9-rc1. Yopu've come to the right place. A couple notes before we get started. You may have read something on the forums about the pending release of 1.8.2 well due to the number of and the severity of changes in this new version it was decided that the 1.8.2 release number would be skipped and we would jump right to 1.9.
I'm not sure why anyone would WANT to do this, but on the off chance someone thinks that they need to and wants to try it here is how you can manually add or update an existing client/user phone number in osTicket at the SQL level.
- First Look up user id in ost_user
SELECT id FROM ost_user where name='THE NAME';lets pretend it returns '15'.
Fresh off the presses a brand new osTicket 1.8! While its not entirely clear what's included and whats coming soon in the official announcement here's a brief summary:
- custom forms! make your own fields and dropdowns for tickets based on the Help Topic!
- Company information page. Company info is usable in email templates (#104, #134)
- Admin panel now has inline help tips (#144)
- System information page in admin panel useful for bug submission (#98)
- Ticket list page is sorted by effective date (#161, #179)